Thursday, March 5, 2009

hmmm

I haven't been on here much since I've had much of the same. This week I feel like I'm having some good experiences. I'm reading again. Oh, how I love to read a good book. I re-read "The Hiding Place". I don't think there is anyone that would dislike that book. Its a true story placed in Austria during the time Germany invaded. This family was part of a underground to hide Jews. The two sisters ended up arrested and in a concentration camp. I find strength in their strength. I can hardly complain about my life without some guilt as my complains are small in comparison. These two women are good Christians that gave there lives to always help those around them and always pray for their enemies. These women are a light to anyone that reads their words. I learned more this second time of reading this book. I think my new life experiences have matured my understanding.
Its the same way I feel reading the scriptures. I can read the same passage one year and the next I'll see something completely different that I had missed. "Line upon line and precept upon precept." This is how we learn through the scriptures.
I would like to announce that I feel like dancing. I was listening to the radio and heard "Love Shack" come on. I know its a cheesy 80's song, but oh so fun to dance to. A few weeks ago I would have been annoyed and turned the channel, but now I was enjoying it and thinking about dancing. I called my friend tonight and told her I'm ready to attend the dances once again. I'm returning to my old personality.
Have now been calling my kids on skype. This has been so fun. My son is in Utah and my daughter in London. I've been able to talk and see them on the webcams. We even had a three way conference call. Nice to have some fun with them. My dog cut that time short as he somehow knocked my sonic drink off the table and it broke open. grrr. I do think happy days and interesting days are here again.

3 Comments:

At March 6, 2009 at 1:34 AM , Blogger Changedit said...

oh great!! you sound so positive. i am happy for u! bad days will come, but the good thing is, they go again. and the time span between them gets longer and longer. one way to make our lives better is to see something good in whatever happens. even a shitty time is a learning process from which we benefit. hence it is positive.

big warm hug, my friend xx

 
At March 6, 2009 at 2:03 PM , Blogger My Other Blog said...

The B-52's never go out of style.

 
At March 9, 2009 at 6:53 PM , Blogger suburban mom said...

Thanks for your encouraging words. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home