Wednesday, January 14, 2009

still coming back from interferon

I have insomnia which causes me to be more emotional then normal. I'm more uptight then I use to be. I have lots of energy. I feel I'm making up for lost time. All the times I had to take naps from being ill from the hcv. My kids don't understand why I want to be organized, why I want to have events on calenders. I was so relaxed in the past. All the time they were growing up, I was not organized. Now that I'm playing catch up to twenty years of illness, I just have a desire to be organized. I was always envious of others that had a smooth running house hold. As a single mother I was already at a disadvantage. Not complaining, I'm just trying to understand the new me.

I still have mood swings of high and low. Often this can happen in a short period of time. Not having a good nights sleep may contribute to this. I went to the doctor today to get some true sleep aids. I found out the xanax I took was not a true sleep aid but more for anxiety. I had blood work done. This is the test to let me know if I'm rid of the Hep=c. Also testing my thyroid and hormones. All of those can affect my mood and can be caused by the interferon tx. I hope we find some answers.


For the most part, I feel good, lots of energy, working, enjoying life.

2 Comments:

At January 15, 2009 at 2:14 PM , Blogger My Other Blog said...

I'm crossing my fingers and holding my breath that the virus is gone for good. I'm glad you're getting your thyroid checked. Treatment can mess it up either way - make you hyperthyroid or hypothyroid.

 
At January 18, 2009 at 2:38 AM , Blogger Changedit said...

Also keeping my fingers and toes crosse for your hcv-free life. For your consolation, I still have the sleep-little nights, the anxiety and mood swings. But I try to enjoy even those now. It just proves to me I am still alife :-)

xxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home