Friday, January 2, 2009

Holidays are over

I've been trying to do something new. We have been told in Church that we can get revelation from God for ourselves. This is how we are told to do it. Pray in the morning of what Gods will is for us this day. Then we read the scriptures. As we do this we will get a impression. That still small voice of the holy ghost (intelligence) telling us Gods will for us this day. As we do that thing we have an impression of we are told to record it in a journal at the end of the day. As we do this we will better understand personal revelation.
I have been doing this. Most of the time I think of a friend to call. Or it may be something else. Some amazing things have taken place. I can't post them on here since this is an open blog.
A coupld of days ago I got the impression to call a friend from Church. I see her on Sundays but have no idea what has gone on in her life. I told her I had an impression to call her.She had so much on her plate. She needed to talk for quite a while. It was good that I listened to that impression.
A few days befor that I had a terrible day feeling unloved by family. Its not true but I felt that way. I really must keep to this program of pray, read, and record. I am finding out there is always a need that I can help with. Life is too short not to be kind and helpful. The trouble I've always had was helping the wrong people that take advantage of me. Now that I'm doing the pray, read, and record, I'm finding direction that is positive. Now my will, but Gods will. He will always know all things. he know me and my gifts, talents. Knows me better then myself. So I'm putting this into practice to feel my way through this harsh world we live in.
Also doing well making tamales. That was not my idea either. It was also a impression I got as I prayed and read the scriptures. I didn't record it as I should have.Not in my wildest dreams I would be in the tamale making business but here I am. It is making me happy but I won't have thought this could make me happy. Only God knew it and guided me.
I'm thankful for tender mercies. So much to be grateful for. I'm sorry about the times I feel depressed and unloved. Those feelings does not come from God but from the adversary. Those feeling are not reality, but since I'm alone, I do get lonely and depressed about it from time to time. i had an impression to have my kids over once a week for a family night. They are happy to have a scheduled family night. Its nice to look forward to it.
I'm sure that is why so many marry too quickly in my age group. Just out of loneliness but more often then not the marriage is wrong.
I'm starting this business and its keeping me busy and out of trouble.

Happy New Year to all. I think and pray often for the dear friends I've met through hep-c forums.

2 Comments:

At January 4, 2009 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Me said...

I'm not much into organized religion, but I do believe we've been given 6th senses and intuitions for a reason. I've always felt that we should get to know ourselves better and listen, really listen to what our signals tell us. I think people get older and often dismiss those built-in warning bells, and yes, non-physical or explainable attachments to others where we are able to intuitively feel their needs (once we get past ourselves).

 
At January 18, 2009 at 2:32 AM , Blogger Changedit said...

Humble, although you know that I have a different religion to yours, I prefer to call it spirituality, I am doing exactly the same thing ... pray, listen, record ... and similar amazing things happen to me too. Strange, isn't it? Or are we all just following the same path?

xxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home