Saturday, January 17, 2009

Experiment

I'm having quite a bit of insomnia. Taking pills is getting to be a never ending game. I have a goal of getting off all pills. I decided to see what happens when I record or blog each night. I will see if that helps me sleep better. We are told if we record or journal each day, we will have blessings from it. I want to see if one of the blessings is better sleep.

I had a rough day yesterday. My little dog had a seizure. He must of had a prolonged one. When I found him, I thought he was dead. I rushed him to the vet and they put him on oxygen and worked on him. When he was stable I decided to let him have a chance over the weekend to come around. I couldn't fall asleep till about three am. Then I had to get up early. My dog is better today. He can stand up for short amounts of time. He is not eating. I bring him water that he laps up. I have also let him drink a bit of sugar water. His blood sugar was low at the vets. I'm happy he is better.
My son and daughter are moved out. He is the only one left to keep my company at home. He is a really good dog.
The bill was a bit much for a animal doctor. I did't have them run tests. That could have cost much more. I won't spend that much on a dog. I love the little dog so much but he is a dog. I'd rather give the money to a poor family without food then spend it on vet bills.

My daughter is moving to London on Monday. She is excited and I'm excited for her. It will be cold. The weather is great here in Arizona. I only wish she would have waited. But she is not one to wait around.

I will make a comment on my post tx condition. I'm still thirty pounds over weight, even though I'm off the anti ds. I'm still in a fragile emotional state. I really need anti=ds but the weight gain has to go. My eyes are still bad along with dry eyes. I have insomnia and pain. Gee that sounds terrible. Sorry about that.

Positives....My hair is growing back, I have endless energy, I am getting a lot of work accomplished. Making tamales is great. I make and sell them twice a week. I plan to expand to catering events.

Saw the Doctor on Thursday. He took blood work to check everything. My thyroid, hormones, liver levels, and the final hep=c test (hopefully negative)
I'm just about five months post. I should have waited till six months post for the big test but I'm sure if its still clear now it will stay that way. I have an idea that it will take a year to recover from tx. The reason is I'm older and I've had hcv for over twenty years. My liver was moderately damaged. I need to be patient with myself and I have little of that. Seeing it in words will help me remember to be patient and gentle with myself.

4 Comments:

At January 18, 2009 at 2:43 AM , Blogger Changedit said...

So sorry to hear about the little dog. Mine gets seizures too, so I know what worry that is. And I do understand about the vet's bills. They are just ridiculous. I cant afford them either, so I am coping with my dog as best as I can.

All your other worries are truly post-tx. I am sure all of us go through the same thought processes. It WILL get better!

Hugs xxx

 
At January 18, 2009 at 2:45 AM , Blogger Changedit said...

Oh, and another thing: you have weight gain, I have weight loss. Two sides to the same coin I reckon. Both is worrying, but again I am almost certain that once all those chemicals are gone from our bodies (and spirits) we will return to acceptable levels again.

xxx

 
At January 18, 2009 at 5:10 AM , Blogger My Other Blog said...

I'm so sorry about your dog, good grief, no wonder you have trouble sleeping - your daughter's moving to London, your dog had a seizure.
Things will get better.
Do you use eye drops, especially at night? I used an OTC drop called Systane all through treatment and afterwards until the last bottle I had ran out. Do something nice for yourself today - if anyone from your church invites you to their house for lunch or dinner - go!

 
At January 19, 2009 at 2:29 PM , Blogger hepkittie said...

so exciting that your daughter will be over here tomoro! but just makes me even more sorry that i didn't get to see you my last trip home...

xxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home