Friday, May 29, 2009

vein treatment

I had a vein treatment on Tuesday. There was a bad vein that had blockage. The doctor was going to zap it with a laser light. When I got there I found out it was more then that. They put a cathader in my leg and down the vein. Then they put a laser to it and zap it. That shuts it off and it dies. Then they shot in meds that made the little ones die. He said I have plenty of good veins to take up the slack. I'm glad I had it done. I remember my mother having a blood clot in her leg. That could have happened to me. I have to do the other leg next month. Its a hassle because I have to wear a support stocking everyday for a week. I know I have it easy compared to the old days when women had to have their veins stripped out of their legs. My legs don't seem to look bad but they could see the veins with this new light that shows inside the leg. Its quite interesting.
Also found out my bones are weak. I'm now taking calcium, magnisium, and lots of D. Plus I was doing the weight bearing exercises off of youtube. I think the exercises will help the most. Your body makes stronger bones when the body knows you need it. Just like muscles. You lose bone and muscle if you don't use them.
I feel the need to challenge myself to be healthy in a year. It will be hard. Old habits are hard to change. I have heard if you do anything for thirty days its easier by then to make it a habit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home