Friday, March 13, 2009

Wedding

First I made tamales today. My neighbor across the street order three dozen. I made some for my accountant to trade since he always does my taxes for free. Made some for my son for free. Then I got ready to go to a special wedding. My sons friend met his wife to be at my home. The boy also used my home to propose to his girlfriend during the time I was on treatment. He put candles and flowers out leading to the basement living area where they met. As I went to the wedding I reflected on how life is good now. I saw the old group of kids at the wedding reception. There was another couple that met at our home. Also another couple not married yet but will problely get married that also met at the house. It must be a magic house. I told everyone I'm ready for them to start to have get togethers at the house again. I'm back to my old self. Better then my old self. I've matured.
It was great seeing my son tonight. He looked great. He shaved off his beard he was wearing two days ago. Can't help it. Don't like the beard. I'm from Colorado and beards make me think of crazy mountain men or homeless men that can't shave. Although I love my son...beard and all...if thats what he wants. Hes so darn cute..doesn't matter.
Talked to my daughter today on the internet. I could see her through the web cam. It was fun. She wants me to go to Europe for a month and bum around with her. I may take her up on that offer. How many moms have a daughter want to do this? I should do it quick or she'll change her mind, or find a friend to do it with.
Tender mercies are felt in my heart as I read scriptures daily and ponder their meaning. I feel like the world is coming into focus....its about time. Although they have always been there. The problem was with me. The scriptures are like a pair of glasses. You don't know the world could make sense (come into focus)until you wear them...or read them.
Looking forward to meeting my nomad friends. This will be a great celebration.

4 Comments:

At March 14, 2009 at 2:06 AM , Blogger Changedit said...

Not coming to your house LOL ... not wantin to get married! And yes, you should go travel with your daughter. It will be a precious time and good memories. xxx

 
At March 15, 2009 at 3:34 PM , Blogger hepkittie said...

i am looking forward to seeing you to0 - sorry havn't been in touch much but not online as much as i used to be while dealing with all this life stuff over here.

big hugs x

 
At March 18, 2009 at 10:09 PM , Blogger H. Heart said...

I'm staying at my house and not married. I need to begin having parties here again.
xx

 
At March 20, 2009 at 1:24 PM , Blogger hepkittie said...

i want to come to your parties!
next time i'm flying into your town then heading home...x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home