Monday, November 3, 2008

Now I know what is wrong

I went to the gym on Friday and used a jump rope there. It was a great work out and so much fun. My mother began using one at age 60 and into her seventies. She had a routine and was not one to age gracefully. I don't like to run although my mother also ran for 10 miles a day. Hard to believe but true. Since the weather is colder...only 80 degrees but as I'm use to the desert heat, its too cold for my favorite exercise; swimming.
I have kept a food journal the past week thinking my muscle problems where food related. And being most aware of this, I ate better and have experienced no pain.
Since jumping rope at the gym, I had delayed muscle pain that began sunday and is worse today. I read about this. It seems that I need to start slow.....soo sad...I enjoyed the workout and want to do more of it.
It does solve the mystery of what is wrong. I thought it was fibromyalgia but its just from exercise. I don't want to not do anything, my weight has gone up and I must lose it. Hopefully by eating better and just taking walks (for now) I can get some relief. I'm getting a massage tomorrow so I'll ask Stacia about this problem. She does work at a physical therapy center so she may have advice.
I went to Stake conference yesterday. The Church leader that spoke told us much will change in the world now. Not to fear. We can still have happy families. He gave some instruction on this. I'm so thankful for those wise words. So much will change in the world. Not a good change, I imagine since we are continually being told not to fear. I'm not fearing yet. I'm very happy. I'm just getting prepared. My one goal now is to plant a vegetable garden. I get irrigation so it shouldn't be too difficult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home