Wednesday, October 8, 2008

9 weeks post

As I've reached post tx, I have become sober to the realities of health. When I reached the end of tx, I made the mistake of thinking I would quickly be perfectly normal. Although I started swimming for health, I made the mistake of thinking I could eat and drink whatever I wanted. I don't drink alcohol or smoke but I like to drink sodas and eat sweets. I didn't have fresh fruits in the house.
Now I would suggest to anyone who finished tx to live differently. You have a second chance to have a better life. If those of us who finished tx can have the discipline to make it to the finish line, why can't we continue to focus on good health. Just keep up the good work.
I'm not going to be perfect, how boring is that? I need some fun. I'm making every attempt to eat good foods while have some sweets in the day. Of course I'll have a soda or two. But the point is, I'm trying. I have never been one to hurry in or out of anything. When I quit smoking, it took a few tries. I could do that cold turkey either. I had help from the smoking patches that conveniently came out at my third attempt at quiting. Its a load off your shoulders when you just make a desicion to change. Knowing its the right thing to do. I am only human and can't do this myself. I have my prayers in which I plead to God for help. Help me to do what I need to have a better quality of life. I want to be able to chase my Grandchildren around without problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home