Sunday, October 26, 2008

Holiday

I had been wanting to go on a holiday. My son thought I'm still too ill for a long one so we decided California would be good. It was random in the way we went. We started driving later in the afternoon and got to the hotel at 2AM. I was trying to sleep and feeling the pain come on so I took a new pill my doctor prescribed for fibromyalgia. It knocked me out and my son woke me up in the morning. I knew we needed to go quickly to get to Disneyland. My head felt like it was spinning. I felt better after a shower. I read later that this medication causes dizziness, puffiness, water retention, weight gain. After finding that out I quit those. I'll only take them if I really need them. The day in Disneyland was great. We did get a wheelchair for me. The kids took turns pushing. The Halloween decorations were out and it was typical disney creativity. I loved it. The next day we went to Huntington Beach. We walked around a bit, sat in an outside padio, walked down by the water, walked out to the pier. After that we drove home. Forgot to mention I forgot my anti-ds. By the time we were driving back I had missed two doses. I was fine till the way home I began to have lots of laugh attacks, then once began to cry because I was laughing at someone. It was fun at first but it was out of control. I felt like I was on drugs not missing my drugs. When I got home that night I thought I'd try halfing my dose to 1/4 a tablet a day instead of a half. This will be the third night so I'll see how I do.
I was a bit agitated sitting in Church today and its awful when someone asks how I feel. I want to say my life is great now. They can't understand I've had this virus for twenty years then this medication that works at a cellular level. This will take time. Its my fault for telling everyone post tx should be easy. I thought a month or two would be enough to feel normal.
One things that helps is to say in my prayers all that I'm thankful for. That can make for a long prayer. If I focus on those things my stress level goes down. And I know that my Heavenly Father loves knowing how thankful I am for what he does for me. Just like its nice to hear from my own kids that they appriciate things I've done for them. I also prayer for those on tx. I know how much they need the prayers and strength to get through this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home